We all know we should exercise. We know it’s good for us, we’ve read about the health benefits, we’ve scrolled through #fitstagram, and yet, we’re all just so busy. No matter how much we wish we could skip work or meetings, it’s tough to consistently squeeze in even a quick gym trip. Luckily, fitness doesn’t always mean sweating it out in an intense session. Healthy gym-goers know that sometimes compromise works best, and there’s never a reason to skip at least some light exercise.
We at CINCOfit have compiled some tips and tricks that will help you make the most of your free time and squeeze in some workouts for those especially busy days.
- Rise and Shine!
- Getting up early may make you groan, but the morning hours are a great time to fit some gentle stretches or a yoga DVD or two. Before you start your morning routine, fit in a quick jog or a few crunches!
- Sharing is Caring
- You don’t have to miss out on a social life to stay fit! When you go out with friends, don’t default to the usual movies or dinner and drinks. Suggest something active and fun like tennis or golf! Go out dancing or take a relaxing walk, challenge yourselves to find something new and exciting.
- Lunch and Crunch Hour
- Rather than eating at your desk, use this hour to hit the gym, speed walk, or run errands. But be sure to eat something nutritious while you’re on the go! Check out this YouTube video for some lunch break friendly workouts.
- Sitting at your desk doesn’t mean sitting still. Invest in some hand weights and do bicep curls and overhead extensions during those long calls and emails. Barbells are the best kinds of co-workers! Check out this list for some ideas on convenient desk exercises.
- Around the House
- Doing housework can be a great way to burn more calories. Move vigorously through your house as you vacuum, sweep, dust, and scrub. Outside, use a push mower instead of a power mower. Wash the family cars by hand, rather than taking them to the car wash. Finally, skip the landscaper, and do the yard work and gardening yourself.
Prioritize workouts and take the time to fit some fitness into your schedule. Don’t forget to supplement all these mini workouts with some real time spent at CINCOfit! Going to the gym is the best way to consistently maintain your health. Stop by one of our locations or check out our website for more information on how to maximize your schedule!